Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Downtown Love Letters



Check box: yes or no. A letter folded into an origami arrow. The most important decision of a young girl's life and I live for that moment, that feeling. I get it every time I go downtown and see the lights; see the people. The girls in polyurethane, and the guys in cotton--all made in China. The graffiti, the Ethiopian vallets and the crack heads slippin check boxes to EVERYBODY that passes. They just want to be loved. They want to feel it shoot through their body, slowly so their left empty for fewer hours. I can open my mouth and get full off of the youth. It tastes like love and not the Hollywood kind that tastes sweet for two seconds. It feels like a cosmic locamotion that we all wanna ride until we all arrive at the secret to life. That's what a love note feels like. So Dallas, you're a liiiiittle corny... but i check yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

got a voice? be my guest :)